My children are VERY active, but the weather isn’t always ideal for outdoor play. Here is a gift guide of our favorite active toys for indoor play!
The kids and I would go completely crazy if I didn’t have toys that would allow them to move, climb, jump and run indoors. For 5 months of the year, we rarely go outside to play because it is so cold where we live and I am a big baby when it comes to cold temperatures. My kids aren’t too fond of being out in it very long either. However, my kids NEED to move…A LOT! That is where active toys for indoor play come in. These toys have been a worthwhile investment and huge sanity saver!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Fisher-Price I Can Play Basketball – We purchased this version because it can be used for a LONG TIME. It won’t be grown out of quickly like some of the smaller versions. However, if space is limited, I still highly recommend buying one that fits your space. My son plays with this daily and had it for almost 2 years! He and his dad dribble the ball and shoot hoops all the time. They even play H-O-R-S-E and other made up games. I have even used it to practice learning letters of the alphabet!
2. AirZone 4-1/2 Foot KidsTrampoline with Safety Enclosure – Both of my kids LOVE this trampoline. I love that it burns off so much energy and gives my kids some much needed exercise. We keep it indoors in a corner of the playroom. It is also used almost daily and is also a big hit when other kids come over to play! For TONS of information on why we love it and how best to use it, check out this review I wrote.
3. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter – My son really enjoys to ride around the house on this scooter. It is the perfect scooter for kids who are 2-4 years of age. It has 2 wheels on the back for better balance and has held up very well over the last year.
4. PlasmaCar Ride On – These are so neat! Kids will have so much fun gliding all over the house on this awesome push car. It does require a large smooth area to work well.
5. Step2 All Star Sports Climber – We bought this for my son’s first birthday and it has been used SO MUCH over the last 2.5 years. My one-year-old daughter now uses it all the time and my son still plays on it with her. One of the best purchases we’ve ever made!
6. Ball Bounce and Sport – My son loves to sit on this and bounce all over the house. My one year old also likes to sit on it and bounce while we hold her.
7. Fisher-Price Grow-with-Me 1,2,3 Roller Skates – These are so fun for kids to use! I love that they grow with them as well. They even work on short carpet so would be a great choice if you don’t have wood floors.
8. Little Tikes Rocking Horse – Both of my kids use this all the time. My son is 3.5, but still loves to use it for pretend play! It’s the perfect prop when you are pretending to be a cowboy or a knight!
9. ALEX® Toys – Active Play Monkey Balance Board – This is a great way to work on balance, coordination and body control.
10. Fisher-Price Super Sounds Soccer – My son loves to play soccer in the house with this. He and my husband practice dribbling the ball through the house and then work on kicking the ball into the goal. This gets played with very often and it is still in excellent condition.
These toys are great for developing balance, coordination and other gross motor skills! I love that they have valuable developmental benefits….and are SUPER fun at the same time!
I also want to mention, that my son wears a helmet when using many of these toys indoors. Kids still need to have appropriate safety gear on when using them inside.
I hope this is helps you plan your holiday gift list this year! These active toys for indoor play will get your kids some much needed exercise when the weather won’t cooperate and save you some sanity in the process!
For even more holiday gift guides from some of the top kid bloggers, click on the pic below!
Check out the collaborative Pinterest board for TONS of gift guides!