This apple tree number matching activity is a fun way for young children to practice number recognition and subitizing. This math activity is perfect for fall!
My apple tree letter matching activity has been such a huge hit, so I wanted to make a version for children to learn numbers. It is perfect for fall apple season and can be used in a variety of ways.
We used a dice and apple erasers to play a roll and cover game, but you can also use red dot stickers with numbers written on them and match them up to the dice on the apple tree – just like we did with the letter matching apple tree.
Check out this apple tree counting activity with clothespins!
It would be a great addition to a classroom math center or just a fun way for kids to learn at home.
Affiliate links below.
- Apple Tree Number Matching printable (link to download at bottom of post)
- Apple erasers or red dot stickers
- Dice (only if you are playing a roll and cover game)
*You could also use red dot markers instead of apple erasers.
- Print out the tree and grab the supplies above and you are good too go!
Apple Tree Number Matching Activity
Children will simply match the dot stickers up to the dice on the apple tree. Or if you are playing a roll and cover game, they will roll the dice, find a match and cover it with an apple eraser, dot sticker or other manipulative of your choice.
This is a simple way to practice number recognition and subitizing of numbers. As well as one to one correspondence, if they count the dots on the dice one by one.
I hope you and your kids enjoy this fun apple math activity for fall!
Get the Apple Activities Mega Bundle!
This apple activities mega bundle includes 10 printable activities that help children learn the alphabet, letter sounds, sight words and word families (rhyming words), numbers and number sense! They are all hands-on and interactive.
This bundle includes:
- Apple Tree Beginning Sounds Matching
- Apple Tree Word Family Matching
- Apple Tree Sight Word Building Activity
- Apple Letter Sounds Puzzles
- Apple Tree Number Matching (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Number Sense Puzzles (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Tree Counting Mats (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Counting Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Number Sense Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Addition Mats (adding numbers to equal 2-12)
That’s 150 pages of printable apple activities that you can do with your students or kids this fall!
The best part is that the pack is differentiated and able to meet the needs of students at a variety of ability levels.
Click the link below to buy the Apple Activities Mega Bundle!
Check out these apple activities I think you will enjoy!