We have been reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom a lot, so I thought it would be fun to make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom snack to eat while we read this summer!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a popular book for summer and the start of the school year. It is a great way to introduce preschoolers to letters or to practice letter identification with them. It’s a great addition to your summer reading list!
I like to create extension activities for our favorite books and snacks always seem to impress my preschooler, so I thought I would make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom snack for him and his sister. They enjoyed the snack while I read the book.
- Pretzel rods
- Green apple
- Alpha-Bits cereal (you could also substitute with letter crackers, letter pretzels, etc.)
- Grapes – cut in half long-ways
** I always cut the grapes in half long-ways (sometimes twice) to avoid a choking hazard. I would suggest you do the same. I have heard way too many scary stories about children choking on grapes. **
Make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Palm Tree Snack for Summer
1. Cut the apple in slices so that they look like palm fronds.
2. Place a pretzel rod on a plate and add the apple slices to the top so that it looks like a palm tree.
3. Add a couple of grapes to the center of the apples that will act as coconuts.
4. Sprinkle Alpha-Bits cereal around the tree.
That’s it! You now have a fun summer palm tree snack for your kids!
For more summer fun, check out these posts!