Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Snack
We have been reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom a lot, so I thought it would be fun to make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom snack to eat while we read this summer!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a popular book for summer and the start of the school year. It is a great way to introduce preschoolers to letters or to practice letter identification with them. It’s a great addition to your summer reading list!
I like to create extension activities for our favorite books and snacks always seem to impress my preschooler, so I thought I would make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom snack for him and his sister. They enjoyed the snack while I read the book.
- Pretzel rods
- Green apple
- Alpha-Bits cereal (you could also substitute with letter crackers, letter pretzels, etc.)
- Grapes – cut in half long-ways
** I always cut the grapes in half long-ways (sometimes twice) to avoid a choking hazard. I would suggest you do the same. I have heard way too many scary stories about children choking on grapes. **
Make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Palm Tree Snack for Summer
1. Cut the apple in slices so that they look like palm fronds.
2. Place a pretzel rod on a plate and add the apple slices to the top so that it looks like a palm tree.
3. Add a couple of grapes to the center of the apples that will act as coconuts.
4. Sprinkle Alpha-Bits cereal around the tree.
That’s it! You now have a fun summer palm tree snack for your kids!
For more summer fun, check out these posts!
10 Summer Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
Summer Alphabet Relay Obstacle Course
Squirt the Letter Alphabet Activity