This editable board game is perfect for differentiation because you can work on a huge variety of skills and many different levels all while using the same game board.
The game comes in both color AND black and white for those who are unable to print in color.
Use the game board to work on letters, letter sounds, sight words, numbers, addition, spelling words and more! The font is embedded and auto-resizes to fit each space on the game board, so words or names of different lengths will fit.
Because the font is embedded, you cannot change it. You have to use the font I have embedded in the file. This is for ease of use. Simply type the words/letters/numbers on the first page and they are automatically added to the game board for you.
Here are some ideas for how you can use the game with the kids you teach.
- Students roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a letter and say its sound.
- Students will roll a dice and move to the space with the same number on it. (Can use 6-sided dice, 10-sided dice, or even ten frame dice.)
- Students roll two dice, add the numbers together and move to a space with that sum on it.
- Students will roll a cube with a letter written on each side and then move to space that matches the letter rolled.
- Students will roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a word and read it out loud.
- Students will roll a cube with blends or digraphs written on each side. Students roll the cube and move to a space with a word that includes that blend or digraph.
- On a cube, write 1 on two sides, 2 on two more sides and 3 on the remaining two sides. Students roll a 1, 2 or a 3 and move to a word with that many syllables.
As you can see, there are so many ways to use this editable board game!