These dinosaur movie night ideas will take family movie night to the next level and with very little prep. They go perfectly with The Land Before Time – a family favorite!
My husband and I are huge The Land Before Time fans. We both saw the original movie in the theater and were hooked. So we are super excited about the release of the The Land Before Time: The Complete Collection!
On a recent trip to Walmart, I picked up Pop Secret popcorn so that I could make a super simple sweet and salty dinosaur-themed popcorn snack mix. It only takes a couple of minutes to make and is the perfect addition to a dinosaur movie night!
1. Make Dinosaur Snack Mix
- Pop Secret Popcorn with Movie Theater Butter
- Dinosaur fruit snacks
- Peanut M&Ms or other egg-shaped candy (Due to choking hazards in children younger than 3 years of age, choose an alternative if young children will be partaking.)
- Follow the directions on the bag of popcorn to make it. Then pour it in a large bowl.
- Open up several fruit snacks packs and dump them in the bowl of popcorn.
- Put the candy in the popcorn bowl.
- Mix everything together.
That’s it! A fun dinosaur movie night snack!
Once the snack was ready, it was time to prep a fun dinosaur activity that would get the kids even more excited about our movie night. I recently order these super cute tiny dinosaurs that easily fit inside plastic Easter eggs. I thought it would be neat to make dinosaur surprise eggs because my kids love watching those surprise egg videos.
2. Make Dinosaur Surprise Eggs
- Tiny dinosaur toys
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Play dough
- Place a tiny dinosaur toy in a ball of play dough and roll it into an egg-like shape.
- Place the play dough egg inside of a plastic Easter egg and close it up.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 several times – making sure that each kid has several surprise eggs to open up.
Dinosaur Movie Night
To get our movie night started, I brought out the dinosaur surprise eggs and invited my kids to open them up. They were beyond excited to see that I had made them surprise eggs and were anxious to find out what was inside.
They were thrilled to see that there were dinosaurs inside. That’s when I let them know that we were going to have a fun dinosaur-themed movie night! I showed them The Land Before Time DVD and told them that it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Then they were even more excited. They quickly opened up all of their surprise eggs and collected all of their mini dinosaurs.
They brought them over to the couch and settled in for movie night. When I brought out the dinosaur popcorn snack mix, they cheered with excitement. They loved that there were dinosaur fruit snacks and “dinosaur eggs” in the popcorn. I even added some of the extra mini dinosaurs to the snack mix. It was a total hit!
Then we all lounged on the couch, eating snack mix and watching The Land Before Time. It was the perfect family night. We all really enjoyed it – especially Mom and Dad!
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® , Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Pop Secret, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Pop4LandB4time http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV