From science experiments to sensory explorations to STEM and STEAM activities, these science activities for preschoolers are sure to be a hit!
Science Experiments for Preschoolers
If you are looking for simple science experiments and activities to do with preschoolers, then this list is perfect for you.
Your kids are sure to have a blast exploring science!
My kids love science investigations so I am making a point of doing more of them. To get myself started, I decided create a collection of my favorite science activities.
Since I know many of you are also looking for science experiments and activities to do with preschoolers, I decided to share them here for you too.
If you are looking for science activities for preschoolers, this is going to be a HUGE help to you.
Top 30 Science Activities for Preschoolers
1. This lava lamp experiment is a HUGE hit with kids. It is by far my most popular science activity. I bet your kids will enjoy it too!
2. Want to really WOW your kids? Try out this leak-proof bag science experiment. It’s like a magic trick, but it’s really science!
3. Make a rain cloud in a jar and develop fine motor skills too! This science activity allows young children to explore and investigate what happens when it rains.
4. This oil and water science exploration is a fun and colorful way to observe how oil and water don’t mix together.
5. Grab some Skittles and water and make a Skittles rainbow for a fun and colorful surprise!
6. Kids will be amazed by this Magic Milk Science Experiment!
7. Explore clouds and rain with a simple science investigation that will totally engage young kids.
8. Dye flowers a variety of colors with this Color Changing Flowers Experiment.
9. This Rust Resistant Magnetic Discovery Bottle is a super cool way to explore magnetism.
10. This science activity encourages kids to explore colors with chemical reactions. It’s also a great way to develop fine motor skills.
More Preschool Science Experiments
11. This weather activity combines a popular book and a classic experiment to introduce kids to tornadoes.
12. Teach kids about animal habitats while Sorting Animals on a Venn Diagram. It’s really easy to set up and even toddlers can participate.
13. This awesome Walking Water Science Experiment will wow kids all of ages!
14. Make a Rainbow Jar and introduce young children to density. It’s really neat.
15. The kids will get a kick out of this super cool dancing raisins science experiment!
16. This Water Xylophone Science Experiment combines music and science. It’s easy enough for your kids to make too.
17. Amaze your kids with Dancing Rice! This baking soda and vinegar investigation is very intriguing.
18. These shaving cream clouds are so gorgeous! I can’t wait to do this one!
19. Did you know that you can inflate a balloon with baking soda and vinegar? You have to try this one!
20. My kids absolutely love this Solar System Scavenger Hunt! It’s a fun way to introduce preschoolers to the solar system and planets within it.
21. Your kids will love this super cool Lava Lamp Science Experiment.
22. Introduce preschoolers to the Zones of the Ocean with these engaging sensory bottles!
23. Make a pulley and teach kids about simple machines with this activity that will have kids moving and learning!
24. This Growing Plants Science Activity is a fantastic way to teach kids about plants! It even includes a observation sheet that is easy enough for preschoolers to use. (not pictured)
25. Explore ramps and friction with this super simple science activity for kids!
26. This ocean in a bottle looks amazing! It is a great way to explore oil and water.
27. Did you know you can make your own dinosaur excavation activity and only use two simple ingredients that you probably have in your house? It’s really cool!
28. This static electricity butterfly experiment is so neat. It’s very easy to make and you’ll be surprised by how long this will occupy your kids.
Fun Preschool Science Activities
29. My kids absolutely love baking soda and vinegar reactions! This post will tell you how to get really amazing reactions.
30. Explore what melts in the sun with this fun science experiment. It’s perfect for a warm, sunny day.
31. Teach kids about the water cycle with this Water Cycle in a Bag! It’s perfect for young children.
32. Kids will have a blast building a LEGO Volcano and watching it erupt.