Gingerbread Sight Word Write the Room
This sight word write the room activity is going to add fun and movement to your literacy centers this Christmas season.
It gives kids a chance to get up and move around the room while learning sight words, CVC words, spelling words, and more!
It is jam-packed with learning opportunities!
Differentiated Gingerbread Sight Word Activity
It is very easy to differentiate this write the room activity because you can type in any words you want on the gingerbread cards.
This makes it very easy for you to use different sight word lists or spelling lists.
You can also put in CVC words, words with blends or digraphs, etc. on the cards. It is great for all kinds of word work!
The font resizes to fit any words you type in, so there is no character limit on the words you choose to use.
Editable Gingerbread Literacy Activity
This gingerbread theme write the room activity is super simple to prep too!
- Gingerbread Sight Words Write the Room printables (button to download at the bottom of this post)
- Clipboards to write on while walking around
- Print out the gingerbread cards and recording sheets.
- Cut the gingerbread cards apart.
- Put the gingerbread cards in various places around the room. Many people temporarily adhere them to the wall.
- Put recording sheets on clipboards.
Gingerbread Write the Room
Students will grab a clipboard and walk around the room looking for gingerbread cards.
When they come to a gingerbread card, they will read the word that is on the card.
Then they will find the number on the top left of the card and locate that same number on the recording sheet.
Once they find the number on the recording sheet, they will write the word in the space provided.
Students will continue until they fill in all the spaces on the recording sheet.
I hope your kids have lots of fun with this gingerbread sight word write the room activity!