Editable Space Theme Board Game Free Printable
Engage your students as they practice key math and literacy skills with this editable space theme board game, perfect for making learning extra fun! This learning game can be used to practice a variety of skills, such as sight words, letter identification, letter sounds, math facts, and more!
Space Theme Board Game
Do your students love getting active and playing learning games? If so, this space theme board game is going to be a hit in your classroom! Plus, since it is editable, you can use this game over and over again with different math and literacy skills. You can easily differentiate the level of the skills as well. This helps you reach all of your students where they’re at.
To make this space themed game even better, the prep is simple. To prepare the game board, simply type any word, letter, or skill into the list on the first page of the editable template. There are 12 boxes to fill with that will auto-populate on the spaces on the game board.
The options are limitless. You can review any subject or skill, such as sight words, letters, numbers, math facts, number sense, spelling words and so much more!
With all of these options, this editable board game can be used with students in a variety of grades. Let the space exploration and learning begin!
This game comes with a corresponding recording sheet, so your students can easily record their answers and practice writing letters and words for each space they land on. This recording sheet is perfect for students playing in partners.
Easy Prep Board Game
This outer space themed board game printable is very easy to prep. After you add the skills or words to the editable template and watch the board auto-populate, all you need to do is print! Laminate the game boards or slide them into write and wipe pockets for added durability.
You can even prep many versions of the game board ahead of time to make it easier to grab and go throughout the year. You can make several versions with different levels of difficulty of the same skill. Another option is to make boards with a variety of skills. Just be sure to save each file with the skill name so you know which is which.
This space theme game printable also comes in color AND black and white so you can use it even if you don’t have access to color printing.
We recommend storing your game boards in labeled file folders or large baggies so that you can easily access the skill and level you need throughout the year.
Setting Up the Editable Space Board Game
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Editable space board game and recording sheet (button to download at the bottom of this post)
- Small manipulatives to use as game pieces
- Write and wipe pockets (optional)
- Type in letters, numbers, sight words, spelling words, math facts, or anything else into the first page of the PDF file.
- Print the game board and slide into a write and wipe pocket for durability. You can also laminate them.
- Print the recording sheet if using.
- Gather dice and manipulatives.
- Label and store in a baggie or file folder.
Playing the Space Theme Board Game
To play the space board game, students will roll the dice and move that number of spaces on the game board. They can also spin a spinner to determine how many spaces to move or use a foam number cube.
When they land on a space, they will read the word, say the letter sound, solve the math problem, etc.
To use the game board with letters of the alphabet, you can have your students roll the dice and move to the correct space on the game board. When they land on a letter, have them say the name of the letter and the sound it makes. You could even have them tell you a word that begins with that sound. You can differentiate to meet your students’ needs.
This game board can also be used for the middle elementary grade levels too! This would be an excellent way to practice addition and subtraction facts as well as multiplication and division facts for older students. You can even use this to practice spelling and vocabulary words for older students.
There are many ways to differentiate this space board game. By changing it up from time to time, your students will never get bored, meaning you can use this for a long time in your classroom and make it fun each time! A few ways to differentiate are:
- Students roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a letter and say its sound.
- Students will roll the dice and move to the space with the same number on it. (Can use 6-sided dice, 10-sided dice, or even ten frame dice.)
- Roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a word and read it out loud.
- Roll a cube with a letter written on each side and then move to the space that matches the letter rolled.
- Students will roll a cube with blends or digraphs written on each side. They will move to a space with a word that includes that blend or digraph.
- On a foam cube, write 1 on two sides, 2 on two more sides, and 3 on the remaining two sides. Students roll a 1, 2, or a 3 and move to a word with that many syllables.
- Students roll two dice, add the numbers together, and move to a space with that sum on it.
I can’t wait for your students to play this editable space theme board game! They’re going to have a blast practicing their skills and you’ll feel confident knowing they’re working at their ideal instructional level.
Click the button below to get the Editable Space Theme Board Game. Have fun!