This farm theme editable board game is a ton of fun for kids, versatile, and so easy to use when learning key math and literacy skills!
Farm Theme Board Game
This farm theme board game will be a fun way to practice key skills during math or literacy centers throughout the year.
Since it is editable, you can make it fit you and your students’ needs by mixing up the skill and differentiating the level of difficulty.
This editable board game template is very easy for you to use too. All you need to do is type anything into the list on the first page of the editable template.
Type in the words, letters, numbers, or math equations you want your students to practice. Then, all of the spaces on the game board will auto-populate.
This game comes with a printable dice and number cube, so you can easily use this for an at-home or distance learning activity for your students.
The file also includes a “Roll and Race” recording sheet, so your students can record their answers to the questions or practice the skill further. This sheet is perfect for playing in partners.
Quick and Easy Prep
The farm theme board game printable is super quick and easy to prep! Once you type in the words, letters, numbers, math problems, etc., that you want to add to the board, all you have to do is print and play!
If you want to create a variety of editable game boards to save yourself time down the road, it will only take a few minutes and you will be set for the rest of the month, quarter, or year!
You can create different board games for different skills and board games of the same skill, but at different levels to differentiate for your students.
Plus, the farm theme board game printable also comes in color AND black and white so you can use it even if you don’t have access to color printing.
Store your game boards in labeled file folders so that you can easily access the skill and level you need throughout the year.
Differentiated Farm Game
Since this is an editable board game, differentiation is made easy! You can reach all of your students at their level and create game boards that will help them work on the skills they need to practice most, all while giving each student the exact same game board.
Another great benefit is that you’ll only need to teach them how to use the game board once and then they will be set to use the game board with any activity with success independently.
Here are some ideas for differentiating with this farm theme board game:
- Students roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a letter, and say its sound.
- Students will roll a dice and move to the space with the same number on it. (Can use 6-sided dice, 10-sided dice, or even ten-frame dice.)
- Students roll two dice, add the numbers together, and move to a space with that sum on it.
- Players will roll a cube with a letter written on each side and then move to space that matches the letter rolled.
- Students will roll a dice, move that many spaces, land on a word, and read it out loud.
- Players will roll a cube with blends or digraphs written on each side. Students roll the cube and move to a space with a word that includes that blend or digraph.
- On a cube, write 1 on two sides, 2 on two more sides, and 3 on the remaining two sides. Students roll a 1, 2, or a 3 and move to a word with that many syllables.
Setting Up the Editable Farm Board Game
- Editable farm board game (button to download at the bottom of this post)
- Small manipulatives to use as game pieces
- Dice or use the printable dice and number cube included
- Write and wipe pockets (optional)
- Type in letters, numbers, sight words, spelling words, math facts, or anything else into the first page of the PDF file.
- Print the game board and slide into write and wipe pockets for durability. You can also laminate them.
- Print the dice and number cube if using.
- Print the Roll and Race recording sheet if using.
Playing the Farm Board Game
To play the game, students will roll the dice or number cube and move that number of spaces on the game board. They could also spin a spinner to determine how many spaces to move. When they land on a space, they will read the word, say the letter sound, solve the math problem, etc.
To use the game board with letters of the alphabet, you can have your students roll the dice and move to the correct space on the game board. When they land on a letter, have them say the name of the letter and the sound it makes. You could even have them tell you a word that begins with that sound.
This game board can be used for the middle grade levels too! This would be an excellent way to practice multiplication and division facts for older students. You could even use this to practice vocabulary words for those older grades.
Using this game board for sight words, spelling words, color words, numbers, or math facts allows students to have fun learning and allows for variety instead of using flashcards for drill and practice.
This editable farm theme board game is sure to bring the fun in your classroom. With so many ways to use and differentiate, the possibilities are endless!
Students will have a blast learning key skills and may not even realize they are learning!
Click the button below to get the farm theme board game. Have fun!