This apple tree alphabet game is a great way to practice letter identification while developing fine motor skills. It is perfect for a preschool apple theme!
Since apple season is fast-approaching we have been getting ready by doing a bunch of apples activities. This apple tree math game we did was easy to set up and quite effective, so I decided to create an alphabet version. I wanted it to be reusable so I didn’t use dot stickers this time. Instead, I used these great apple erasers I got at the Dollar Tree.
There are many other options you can use in place of the apple erasers though. One simple option is to use red circles cut from construction paper. You could also use red pom poms, red counting chips or red glass gems.
- Green construction paper
- Brown construction paper
- Black marker
- Foam counting blocks
- Permanent marker
- Red apple erasers, pom poms or gems
1. Draw the top of a tree on the green paper and cut it out.
2. Draw the trunk of the tree on brown paper and cut it out.
3. Glue the pieces together or onto a bigger sheet of paper so that they form a tree.
4. Write the 6 letters you would like to work on all over the tree. You’ll want to repeat them a couple of times.
5. Write one of those letters on each side of the foam block. This will be your letter dice.
Playing the Apple Tree Alphabet Game
I always give Evan a chance to check out all of the supplies first. I explained that he was going to roll the dice and identify what number was facing up. Then he would find that letter on the tree and cover it with one of the apple erasers.
He caught on quickly and was soon able to play the game independently. It is an excellent way to occupy your child while you do other things and would be an excellent addition to a literacy center in a classroom.
Get the Apple Activities Mega Bundle!
This apple activities mega bundle includes 10 printable activities that help children learn the alphabet, letter sounds, sight words and word families (rhyming words), numbers and number sense! They are all hands-on and interactive.
This bundle includes:
- Apple Tree Beginning Sounds Matching
- Apple Tree Word Family Matching
- Apple Tree Sight Word Building Activity
- Apple Letter Sounds Puzzles
- Apple Tree Number Matching (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Number Sense Puzzles (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Tree Counting Mats (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Counting Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Number Sense Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Addition Mats (adding numbers to equal 2-12)
That’s 150 pages of printable apple activities that you can do with your students or kids this fall!
The best part is that the pack is differentiated and able to meet the needs of students at a variety of ability levels.
Click the link below to buy the Apple Activities Mega Bundle!
Head over to my Alphabet Activities page for even more fun, hands-on letter learning ideas!
Here are some related activities I think your kids will enjoy!