This apple tree number sense activity is a hands-on, apple themed activity that reinforces number sense. It would be perfect for your fall math lessons!
We’ve done quite a lot of apple tree activities over the last few years. This apple tree letter matching activity is still one of my most popular posts on Pinterest (I also made a printable letter matching apple tree) and this apple tree numbers game is also well-loved. But… this apple tree number sense activity is one my new faves!
Apple Tree Number Sense Activity
It was great practice for my son who just started first grade, but it was also a nice way to introduce my 4-year-old daughter to small numbers. I love that I can differentiate it for both kids.
While doing this apple tree number sense activity, children will learn numbers and the different representations. This is a good way for young children to visualize numbers and make sense of what numbers mean.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I make a small commission if you purchase items through a link below.
Setting Up the Apple Math Activity
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Printable Number Matching Activity for numbers 1-10 (link to download at the bottom of this post)
- Cardstock to print onto
- Scissors to cut out the pieces
- Laminator and laminating sheets for added durability (optional)
- Print out all of the number mats you would like to use. Then print the corresponding apples.
- Cut out the apples. You can just cut on the lines (for ease) or go around the apples like I did. Either way works fine.
- If you want them to be used by many children, I would suggest laminating them so that they last.
Now the apple tree number sense activity is ready to be used. This activity is perfect for fall math centers, homeschool lessons, or just for reinforcement at home.
Get numbers 1-10 for free by clicking the button below:
To get all of the numbers (1-20) click the link below to go to the shop page:
Check out my other printable apple activities below!
This apple activities mega bundle includes 10 printable activities that help children learn the alphabet, letter sounds, sight words and word families (rhyming words), numbers and number sense! They are all hands-on and interactive.
This bundle includes:
- Apple Tree Beginning Sounds Matching
- Apple Tree Word Family Matching
- Apple Tree Sight Word Building Activity
- Apple Letter Sounds Puzzles
- Apple Tree Number Matching (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Number Sense Puzzles (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Tree Counting Mats (numbers 1-20)
- Apple Counting Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Number Sense Clip Cards (numbers 1-10)
- Apple Addition Mats (adding numbers to equal 2-12)
That’s 150 pages of printable apple activities that you can do with your students or kids this fall!
The best part is that the pack is differentiated and able to meet the needs of students at a variety of ability levels.
Click the link below to buy the Apple Activities Mega Bundle!