Easter Secret Code Word Cards for High Frequency Words
These Easter secret code word cards are editable printables that are so much fun! They are so easy to differentiate and perfect for literacy centers this spring.
Easter Secret Code Words
One of the most popular activities in my Editable Sight Word Pack is the secret code word activity. So I thought it would be a fantastic idea to create some themed secret code word activities.
This Easter egg version is perfect for your Easter theme activities. The kids are loving them and I love that I can use them with any words!
They would be perfect for kids in kindergarten, first, or second grade. Older children may even enjoy using them for spelling words.
The phonics font that shows up on the cards will resize, if need be, to fit the card, so you don’t have to worry about whether a word will fit.
The best part about this activity is that you can differentiate it to meet the needs of all of your students. Make a different version for each sight word list your students are working on. Or put any spelling words the kids are learning on the cards.
You can also use them to work on simple CVC words or even names. There are so many possibilities!
While students use the cards, they are also reinforcing letter sounds.
The recording sheet, if you choose to use it, also gives children an opportunity to write the words and further reinforce learning.
In my experience, the kids actually enjoy recording their answers so they can show me how well they cracked the code.
How to Use the Secret Code Word Cards
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Easter Secret Code Words Cards (button to download at the bottom of this post)
- Letter beads, letter tiles, or small magnetic letters
- Card stock
- Write and Wipe pockets (optional)
1. You will type the 12 words you would like to use for this specific set of cards into the blue boxes on the “How to Begin” page in the document and they will auto-populate to the secret code cards.
This makes it super simple and easy for you to use the cards. No need to download fonts or size it to fit. The font is embedded and all you need to do is type your word list once.
2. You may choose to print on card stock and laminate or slip the whole page into write and wipe pockets and use that way. If you do choose to use write and wipe pockets, students can also use dry-erase markers to crack the code instead of manipulatives like letter beads.
The kids are going to have so much fun learning sight words, spelling words and more with these Easter secret code word cards.
Check out these other Easter activities too!
Easter Science and STEM Activities for Kids