Use Shredded Chicken to Save Time in the Kitchen
Now that we have a toddler and a newborn in our home, I barely have any time to cook. My husband has been picking dinner up on his way home from work way too much. So last week I came up with the idea of putting a bunch of chicken breasts in the Crockpot on Sunday, shredding it up and using it for several meals that week. I often use pre-cooked and shredded chicken for many different recipes, so I decided to compile a list of meals. There are so many that you can easily have lots of variety. Most of the meals will require very little effort on your part.
- Tacos- add salsa and taco seasoning or cumin to chicken
- Taco Salad
- Quesadillas – add salsa and taco seasoning or cumin to chicken
- Burritos – add salsa and taco seasoning or cumin to chicken
- Nachos – add salsa and taco seasoning or cumin to chicken
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas (recipe)
- Shredded barbecue chicken – add barbecue sauce to chicken
- Barbecue chicken sandwiches – add barbecue sauce and serve on buns
- Chicken wraps – add ranch, Caesar, or barbecue sauce for added flavor
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole (recipe)
- Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Pesto pasta
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Chili
- Chicken Tortilla soup
- Chicken salad
- White Chicken Lasagna Roll ups (recipe) (make this easier by using jarred Alfredo sauce instead of the cream cheese sauce)
- Chicken salsa pockets (recipe)
In addition, there are so many different soups, stews and casserole recipes that can be thrown together very easily if you already have the chicken cooked and shredded. Check out Pinterest and Allrecipes.com for recipes.
Do you know of a tasty recipe that uses cooked chicken and is easy to put together? Please leave a comment below and let me know about it. I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try!