This Bacon Alfredo Pasta is my absolute favorite meal! The taste is amazing. It is the perfect combination of cream, Parmesan cheese, bacon and pasta.
Developing this recipe was a real labor of love. I adore alfredo and I love when bacon is added to it. I’ve tried so many recipes, hoping to achieve the flavor I enjoy from some of my favorite restaurants, but none of them had the right taste or the right texture. After much trial and error, I created this recipe.
It is so delicious! Even my 1.5-year-old and 3-year-old ask for seconds when I make it. I also love that is fairly economical to make. You don’t have to buy expensive meat and you only have to use about half a pound of bacon.
Here is the recipe for Bacon Alfredo Pasta!
8 oz. of bacon
8 oz. Mini Farfalle pasta (or regular Farfalle or penne)
1/4 cup of butter (4 tablespoons)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp of black pepper
1 and a 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cook your bacon. I like to bake my bacon in the oven. I lay each slice of bacon side by side on a foil-lined cookie sheet. I am usually able to fit 8-9 slices of bacon on the cookie sheet and that often ends up being about a 1/2 lb. of bacon. That’s my guide for how much bacon to use.
Turn the oven to 400 and immediately put the bacon in the oven. Yes, while it is pre-heating. The bacon is usually perfect right when the oven is done pre-heating. I would suggest checking after 10 minutes and going from there.
When it’s done, transfer the bacon to a plate and let it sit for a few minutes and then cut it up into small pieces or crumble it if you made it extra crispy.
2. Cook your pasta and drain it when it is done.
3. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in saucepan on medium heat. Once it is melted, add the minced garlic and pepper to the saucepan. Let it saute for about a minute. Then add the heavy cream. Keep the heat on medium and let the cream come to small simmer.
4. As soon as it begins simmering, start adding the parmesan cheese, a couple of tablespoons or so at a time. I add a little bit, stir until it is mostly melted and then add a little more and continue until it has all been added. Once you have added all the parmesan cheese, continue to stir frequently for a couple of minutes. You don’t want it to stick to the bottom, so keep it moving.
5. Add the bacon to the alfredo sauce and let it all simmer together for a couple more minutes. Continue to stir frequently.
6. Put the pasta back in the pot you cooked it in or in a large bowl and pour the bacon alfredo sauce over. Stir it all together until all of the pasta is coated with sauce.
7. Serve and enjoy! I know you will!