Fall Word Building Activity
Kids will be engaged while learning to read words, write words and build words.
Use a wide variety of alphabet manipulatives to change up the activity and keep your students interested.
We enjoy using letter magnets, alphabet beads, letter tiles, alphabet snap cubes, play dough, and more!
Differentiated Word Building
The mats come with editable word cards that you can use for any words you want. The font resizes to fit the card, so any word (or name) length will work.
This means that it is super easy for you to differentiate for your students and their specific needs.
It doesn’t matter whether they are learning beginning sight words or more challenging spelling words, this word building activity will work for the kids you teach!
Setting Up the Fall Leaves Word Building Mats
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fall Word Building Activity Mats (button to download at the bottom of the post)
- Write and wipe pockets
- Alphabet manipulatives – letter magnets, alphabet beads, letter tiles, alphabet snap cubes
Setting Up the Activity:
- Type the words onto the cards in the file.
- Print out the cards and the word building mat.
- Cut out the word cards and laminate for added durability.
- Slip the mat into a write and wipe pocket or laminate.
- Get the alphabet manipulatives ready.
Learning Sight Words or Spelling Words
Students will place a word card on the read box on the mat. Then they will read the word out loud.
Next, they will write the word in the write it box.
Finally, they will build the word with alphabet manipulatives.
This gives them a variety of way to learn words all on one mat. Plus, it makes it so easy for you to differentiate for all of your students at once.
As a result, it is super effective while also being fun and engaging for your students.
Click the button below to get the FREE fall word building mats.